Manchin to host Commonsense Connections Week
U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., will launch his sixth Commonsense Connections Week, beginning Tuesday. Representatives from Sen. Manchin’s office will travel to nearly 100 stops across West Virginia to meet with constituents, hear their priorities and concerns and gather their feedback.
Sen. Manchin launched his first Commonsense Connections Week in February 2011, when representatives from his office traveled to all 55 counties in the Mountain State.
Among the stops are:
– 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 28 at Allegheny Mt. Top Public Library, A455 Union Highway, Mt. Storm.
– 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Grant County Public Library, 18 Mt. View St., Petersburg.
– 9-10 a.m. Wednesday at Wardensville Visitor & Conference Center, 301 E. Main St., Wardensville.
– 1:30-2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Little Andi’s Restaurant, 166 Main St., Parsons.
– 3:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday at Big John’s Restaurant, 6438 Appalachian Highway, Davis.
– 4-5 p.m. Thursday at the McClintic Public Library, 500 Eighth St., Marlinton.
– 6-7 p.m. Thursday at Henry’s Quick Stop, 4909 Potomac Highland Trail, Green Bank.
– 8:30-9:30 a.m. Thursday at Allegheny Restaurant, Route 33, Harman.
– 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday at the Randolph County Senior Center, Fifth Street and Railroad Avenue, Elkins.
– 2-3 p.m. Thursday at CJ’s Restaurant, Route 219 S., Valley Bend.
– 10-11:15 a.m. Thursday at the Philippi Public Library, 102 S. Main St., Philippi.
– 10-11 a.m. Friday at the Upshur County Courthouse Annex, 38 W. Main St., Buckhannon.
– 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday at the Upshur County Senior Center, 28 N. Kanawha St., Buckhannon.
– 1:30-2:30 p.m. Friday at Colt’s Restaurant, 4255 S. Main St., Moorefield.
– 2-3 p.m. Friday at the Lewis County Commission Office, 110 Center Ave., second floor, Weston.
– 9-10 a.m. Friday at H&J Superette, 11754 Blue Gray Trail, Brandywine.
– 11 a.m.-noon Friday at the Pendleton County Senior Center, 231 Mill Road, Franklin.
Sen. Manchin will not be in attendance for these events.