Roads closed for pipeline construction
ELKINS — The USDA Forest Service has issued a closure order for WB XPress pipeline construction in Pendleton and Randolph counties. In order to protect public safety during construction activities, the order prohibits going into or being upon Monongahela National Forest lands within 200 feet of the centerline of the pipeline right-of-way.
Several roads and trails cross the 400 foot wide closure area. The closure order allows for the public to continue using these roads and trails until pipeline construction activities occur in each area. When construction is occurring, roads and trails will be closed with a sign, gate or barricade. When construction in that area is completed, the roads and trails will be reopened for public use.
All of these roads and trails, except for the North Fork Mountain Road (FR 79), are typically open to the public for non-motorized use only, like hiking. The only road that is also open for public motor vehicle use is the North Fork Mountain Road (Forest Road 79.)
The closure order affects the following roads:
• Daniels Run Road (Forest Road (FR) 187 / Temporary Access Road (TAR) 3A / TAR 4A) from its junction with WV 10 north to the pipeline centerline (3.75 miles)
• Daniels Run Road (FR 382 / TAR-3A) from its junction with FR 187 northwest to the junction of FR 382A (0.8 miles)
• Daniels Run Road A (FR 382A / TAR-3A) from its junction with FR 382 north to the pipeline centerline (0.25 miles)
• White’s Run Road (FR 1580 / PAR-27A) from Forest Service gate south to the pipeline centerline (1.75 miles)
• TAR-34 from Forest boundary of US Tract 383 to the pipeline centerline (0.1 miles)
TAR-43 from Forest boundary near junction of WV 5/2 and another pipeline south to the pipeline centerline (0.2 miles)
• TAR-47 from Forest boundary northwest of Seneca Rocks near pipeline centerline (0.04 miles)
• North Fork Mountain Road (FR 79 / TAR-48.1) from Forest boundary to the end of the road at pipeline centerline (3.05 miles)
The closure order affects the following trails:
• Laurel Fork North Trail (Trail 306A)
• Allegheny Mountain Trail (TR 532)
• North Fork Mountain Trail (TR 501C)
Download a copy of the closure order and map at: https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/mnf/alerts-notices.
For more information, contact Julie Fosbender at email@example.com or call 304-635-4446.