12 indicted in Barbour
A Barbour County grand jury indicted 12 individuals Monday, including four on sex-related charges.
– Shawn Steven Ware, 34, of 192 South Florida St., Buckhannon, was indicted on one felony charge each of first-degree sexual abuse, incest and sexual abuse by a parent, guardian or custodian for allegedly engaging in sexual intercourse with a child younger than 12 years of age and who was also a family member around April 2012.
– Steven Ray Wilson, 25, of 314 South Main St., Philippi, faces 10 counts of third-degree sexual assault and one felony conspiracy charge for allegedly engaging in sexual intercourse with a juvenile under 16 years of age. The offenses allegedly occurred between March and April of 2011 in Barbour County.
– Darlene June Welch, 47, of 314 South Main St., Philippi, was indicted on one felony charge each of conspiracy and for sexual abuse by a guardian, custodian or person in a position of trust of a child for allegedly allowing Wilson to engage in sexual intercourse with a child less than 16 years of age in her care, custody or control between March and April of 2011.
– Olen Lee Vandevender, Jr., 40, of 115 Dayton Boulevard, Belington, was indicted on a felony charge of failing to register as a sex offender or provide a notice of registration changes.
– Lori Ann Daugherty, 33, of Route 1, Box 279D, Philippi, was indicted on one felony count of child neglect creating the risk of injury.
– Tiffany Amanda Mauller, 29, of Route 1, Box 279D, Philippi, also was indicted on a felony count of child neglect creating risk of injury.
– Larry Junior Dewitt II, 42, of 4401 River Road, Morgantown, was indicted on a felony charge of malicious wounding.
– Julian Anthony Scardina, 36, of 217 Edison St., Nutter Fort, was indicted on felony charges of breaking and entering and grand larceny.
– Anick Lynn Kennedy, 20, of Philippi, was indicted on felony charges of grand larceny and transferring stolen property.
– Mark Lane Golden, 43, of Route 4, Box 204A, Philippi, was indicted on a felony charge of cultivating marijuana.
– Greg Richard Hilling, 37, of 1220 Summer School Road, Morgantown, was indicted on one felony charge for a third offense of driving with a revoked license while allegedly under the influence of alcohol.
– James Daren Nestor, 62, of 850 West Main St., Apt. 119, Grafton, was indicted on an alleged third offense of driving while under the influence of alcohol.
Arraignments will take place at 9 a.m. Wednesday before Circuit Court Judge Alan Moats.