Tenney facing another sexual abuse charge

The West Virginia State Police have filed an additional charge against an Upshur County man after learning he fathered a child with a 15-year-old female in 2011.

Margel F. Tenney, 57, of HC 32, Box 59, Rock Cave, is facing another sexual abuse charge by a parent or guardian. He was charged last week with two counts of sexual abuse by a parent or guardian after the state police alleged he inappropriately touched a 14-year-old girl this month.

Bond in that case was set at $100,000, and a $250,000 bond was set for this latest charge. Margel Tenney is being held in the Tygart Valley Regional Jail, awaiting a preliminary hearing in Upshur County Magistrate Court on Friday.

According to the criminal complaint filed in Upshur County Magistrate Court, the State Police obtained a March 12 statement from the alleged victim, who was 15 at the time of the alleged incident, stating she had intercourse with Margel Tenney which resulted in her pregnancy in November 2011. The victim told investigators that Margel Tenney arranged for the marriage of the alleged victim and her husband when the girl was 16 and after having the baby, according to the complaint.

According to police reports, on that same day in which the statement was obtained from the alleged victim, Margel Tenney is alleged to have left the Buckhannon detachment of the West Virginia State Police and to have driven to a residence in southern Upshur County where he left with Shaina Tenney, 16, and her infant daughter, Grace Hope Tenney.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert, setting off an area-wide manhunt for the 1999 Dodge truck in which they were traveling. They reportedly drove to Webster County, where they picked up James Tenney and then traveled to a gas station in Belington. There, they abandoned their truck and began traveling in a 2003 Ford Taurus, believed to be headed to Texas. The car, however, was spotted later that evening entering Ohio on Interstate 77.

Margel Tenney was arrested early Wednesday morning near Jane Lew when a patrolling state trooper spotted the vehicle. Margel Tenney was taken into custody shortly afterward. No charges have been filed for any of the events of March 12-13.