Crews Respond to Buckhannon Fire

The Inter-Mountain photo by Amanda Hayes A fire that started in a first-floor bathroom at 9 Pinnell St. in Buckhannon Sunday night was believed to be electrical in nature, according to Buckhannon Fire Chief J.B. Kimble. ‘It’s not suspicious,’ he said. The Buckhannon Fire Department responded at 7:49 p.m. with Adrian Volunteer Fire Department, Warren District Volunteer Fire Department and Washington District Volunteer Fire Company. No one was at home at the time but neighbors called 911. “There were flames showing when firefighters first arrived on scene,’ Kimble said. ‘If we hadn’t gotten there at that time, it was getting ready to be a doozy.’ Firefighters were on scene about an hour and 15 minutes. Above, Buckhannon volunteer firefighter Travis Dean, pictured in front, with Warren District volunteer firefighter Devin Landis are shown returning to the front of the home at the scene of the structure fire.