Only a few more days remain of 2010 and all over northcentral West Virginia resorts and other organizations are makin plans to ring in the new year.
Here's a look at what's on the celebration lineup:
- The gala New Year's Eve extravaganza at Timberline Four Seasons Resort and conference center will feature dinner, live entertainment, dancing, midnight snacks and champagne toasts.
The event will cap off the resort's Winterfest Week. Skiing every day during Winterfest extends from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. The week's activities include dinner specials at the Fireside Grill and live entertainment every evening at Timber's Pub.
Timberline's General Manager Tom Blanzy reports that all the major skiing trails are open. The resort has seen a definite upturn in skier enthusiasm as visitors enjoy the fresh powder and groomed snow on the 1,000-foot vertical mountain. The increased numbers of skiers during the Winterfest Week is reflected in complete occupancy of the resort's rental vacation homes, condominiums and slopeside hotel units.
The New Year's Eve dinner buffet will include prime rib, pork loin, sweet and sour chicken, egg plant parmesan, vegetables, salad, dinner rolls and dessert. The buffet will be available from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and will be followed by the late-night dance party. The price, $45.95 per couple and $25.95 per person, will also include admission to the late-night party, live entertainment, dancing, midnight champagne and snacks. Admission to the late-night dancing party celebration only will be $10 per person or $15 per couple.
Entertainment to ring in 2011 will be by Timberline's favorite Cajun-style interactive entertainer, Sonshine Rivers.
For reservations for the evening celebration with dinner, call 304-866-4801 or 800-SNOWING.
- End 2010 at Blackwater Falls State Park with a dinner followed by DJ entertainment in the conference center. The package includes two-nights lodging for two people, dinner and DJ on New Year's Eve, toast at midnight, refreshments and New Year's Day breakfast. The cost is $327.20 per couple. A dinner and dance option only is available.
For reservations, call 304-259-5216 or visit www.blackwaterfalls.com.
- Ring in 2011 at West Virginia's only state park offering skiing, boarding, snowtubing, airboarding and much more. Choose from two New Year's party packages. One is geared toward the family and the other for adults. Both include dinner, party favors, entertainment and more. Brother Short will be playing in the Laurel Lounge.
A lodge package is available for the holiday weekend. Some activities require a fee.
For more information, call 800-622-4121 or visit www.canaanresort.com.
- Bring in the new year at Stonewall Resort with a New Year's dinner buffet in Stillwaters. The menu will include prime rib, seafood, salads, soups, chicken, desserts and much more. There will be entertainment in TJ Muskies featuring the Stalnaker Brothers from 9 a.m. to midnight and Dustin and Grayson in the Grand Hall from 6 p.m. to midnight. A cash bar and party favors will also be available. Special room rates are $159 based on double occupancy. A 15 percent discount will be applied for pre-paid reservations.
Visit www.stonewallresort.com or call 888-278-8150 for more details or to make reservations.
- As a community service, Love Christian Assembly has for the past few years sponsored a New Year's Eve event in the public parking lot of downtown Petersburg. This year's alcohol-free event will feature a money booth full of prizes, a bounce house for children, skee ball machines, horse-drawn sleigh rides, live music, and a 20-foot-by-30-foot screen that will show the ball drop live from New York City and a display of fireworks at midnight. Free food and drinks will be offered.
For more information, call 304-538-7997 or visit www.lovechristianassemblyonline.com.