The final days of the Pisces sun can get emotional. Emotions are real things. They have a chemical composition and follow rules of cause and effect. People can stuff feelings down in hopes that they’ll go away, but that’s not going to happen. Disappearance is a magic trick. In real life, nothing disappears. It moves or changes, but it doesn’t vanish.
ARIES (March 21-April 19). The mystery will find you. It won’t say, “Hey, over here, solve me!” But it will pique your interest enough to start the chain of questions. There’s nothing so satisfying today as a satisfied curiosity.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20). When you’re moving fast, it’s easy to forget to put things back where they belong. The clutter builds. The organization diminishes. Time is wasted looking for things. Simple solution: Slow down!
GEMINI (May 21-June 21). People reach out for various reasons, hardly ever the ones presented. Look deeper for the need within the need. This is what comes with being born a complex creature — although who knows the woes of algae?
CANCER (June 22-July 22). There’s a difference between dominance and superiority. Those who understand this will not take their power for granted. They will realize that power is always a cycle and act accordingly.
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22). It’s a kind of “dark matter” situation today. There’s no evidence that the thing exists, but there’s something affecting you, and you’ll have plenty of theories about this contributing factor to your current reality.
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22). You can’t improve a thing from the same mindset from which you created it. You have to grow beyond it to see how you could possibly next-level it.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 23). The heart wants what the heart wants. That doesn’t make it healthy, appropriate, logical or in any way good for everyone involved. Hearts aren’t the be-all and end-all wisdom. It’s better when all systems work together.
SCORPIO (Oct. 24-Nov. 21). Carry out your promises to yourself. These are the hardest promises to keep, because often they’re made in secret and the accountability can be shifty, but they’re also the most important promises to keep.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21). The way to get out of a funk is simple (spiritual generosity), but it’s something that people in a funk don’t usually think about. That’s why you should keep instructions and answers on hand for when you need them.
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19). Calm confidence is your usual manner, but things will come up today to throw you off your game. Take back the power. Speak gentle words, but speak them with your signature authority.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18). It is nearly impossible to have polite conversation these days, as even the weather can be a polarizing topic. Decide you want to connect with others, making tolerance your fallback position, and you’ll do the impossible.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20). You don’t need to give a TED Talk to prove your relevance. You’ll exert yourself wordlessly, influencing through example, becoming the person others will want to be like.
TODAY’S BIRTHDAY (March 18). You are a terrific and ever-improving friend, and you will enjoy that quality in others, too, as friendship will be a major theme this solar return. Different sorts of endeavors (financial, adventurous, passionate and more) will begin as platonic ties. You’re ready for the opportunity that comes up in July, though you may not feel it. Leo and Sagittarius adore you. Your lucky numbers are: 35, 9, 40, 37 and 19.
10 CRIB NOTES FROM THALIA, MUSE OF COMEDY:
1) The asteroid 23 Thalia is a large one in the main belt.
2) The Muse Thalia of mythology also resides over a type of poetry called pastoral, having to do with herding, livestock and open land — so, basically, the Greek version of cowboy poetry.
3) Humor is an expression of culture, which is why different regions can have vastly different ideas about what’s funny. Many jokes don’t translate across cultures because of differences in social structures and cultural norms.
4) Physical humor is among the more universal styles of comedy, as body language transcends the limitations of verbal language.
5) Laughter relieves stress.
6) Having a sense of humor about oneself is a sign of good mental health.
7) As experienced comedians well know, humor is a dance of timing.
8) For some, laughter is a love language, and when someone laughs with or because of them, they feel loved.
9) Among other health benefits, laughter is known to enhance immunity and improve sleep.
10) The study of laughter and its effects on the body is gelotology.
CELEBRITY PROFILES: Kurt Russell was born under one of the best signs for serious actors, Pisces. But also notable in his chart are three luminaries in the sign of Aries. This indicates uncanny beginner’s luck. The way to tap into such good fortune is to always be changing the attack. For instance, when a comedy brings acclaim, the next thing to do is a thriller. This approach recently led the very classically handsome Russell to play Santa Claus.
–Write Holiday Mathis at HolidayMathis@gmail.com.