Gratefulness warms our hearts
Here is the word of the month. As we approach Thanksgiving we all begin to think about gathering together with family or friends. Our hearts are warmed by thoughts of gratitude for our relationships, the material blessings we have, and the events of life over the last year. We really are blessed.
As you contemplate the showers of blessings you have been given, here are a few Bible verses for you to pray and worship through which may help you focus your gratefulness on the One who has given to you.
• Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
• Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever. Psalms 136:26
• I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord. Psalms 116:17
• Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
• Thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. 2 Corinthians 2:14
• Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Celebrate this Thanks Giving at the table with a reading of Psalms 100:
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
3 Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
5 For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
Indeed, thank you Lord for all you are and have done.