Foundation announces opportunity
BUCKHANNON — The Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon is pleased to announce the dates for its 2019 – 2020 grant cycle. The foundation, formed in 2015, serves healthcare related needs of the communities in Barbour, Lewis, Randolph, Upshur, and Webster counties through its annual grant award process.
“The Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon seeks partnerships with non-profit organizations with the potential to inspire healthier choices for the communities of Barbour, Lewis, Randolph, Upshur, and Webster counties,” stated Executive Director Janell E. Ray. “Our 2019 – 2020 grant cycle opens on May 1, 2019, and is a multi-step process, culminating with grant awards announced in late September 2019. We are excited to offer funding support to local organizations that share our mission and vision for the community.”
Grant cycle deadlines for this grant-making cycle are:
• Submission of Letters of Inquiry – June 15, 2019
• Approval of Letters of Inquiry & Invitation for Full Application Issued – June 30, 2019
• Submission of Completed Applications – August 15, 2019
• Announcement of Grant Awards – September 30, 2019
The PFB focuses its funding awards in four broad healthcare related areas:
• Health and Wellness – Examples include diabetes prevention, oral hygiene, prenatal care.
• Leadership Development – Examples include staff and management training, marketing and fundraising training.
• Lifestyle Education – Examples include substance use disorder and domestic violence programs, homeless assistance, mental health care.
• Spiritual and Pastoral Care – Examples include hospice care, senior services, Alzheimer and dementia care, bereavement counseling.
The Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon provides grant funding for qualified 501(c)(3) organizations in Barbour, Lewis, Randolph, Upshur, and Webster counties in West Virginia that serve healthcare and healthcare related needs of the community. Exclusion areas are capital projects, scholarships, endowments, and individuals. Learn more about the Foundation at http://pallottinebuckhannon.org.