Kindergarten registration set to start in Randolph
Randolph County Schools is beginning the kindergarten registration process for the 2021-2022 school year. Kindergarten Application Days are scheduled at each elementary school throughout the county.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before June 30, 2021 and who are not currently enrolled in pre-school through Randolph County Schools need to participate in the registration process. (Students currently attending pre-school at any of the county elementary schools or at our Collaborative Pre-school site are already registered for kindergarten and are scheduled to participate in transition activities throughout the spring semester. To enter kindergarten in August, the parents of current Randolph County pre-school students only need to provide documentation that their child has received the required immunizations for kindergarten students.)
Parents of children who did Not attend a Randolph County Schools Pre-school will need to go to the elementary school located in their attendance zone to pick up a Kindergarten Application Day Packet. When picking up the packet, parents will need to schedule their child’s appointment for Application Day.
Packets will be available in school offices beginning Thursday, March 4. Packets must be picked up in advance of Application Day, as they contain forms that must be completed and returned during the Application Day appointment. Other forms needed at the Application Day Appointment include the child’s Medicaid or Insurance Card, Certified Live Birth Certificate, Immunization Record, Health Check Physical Form (including vision and hearing), and Dental Screening from.
Parents will review the completed forms with school staff during the Application Day appointment. Students need to accompany their parents on Application Day so they can meet the school staff, tour the school, and complete speech screenings and other activities.
Randolph County Schools Kindergarten Application Days
• All registration activities take place by appointment during the regular school day.
– Monday, March 22 – Coalton Elementary School
– Tuesday, March 23 – George Ward Elementary School
– Tuesday, March 23 – Beverly Elementary School
– Wednesday, March 24 – Harman Elementary School
– Thursday, March 25 – Midland Elementary School
– Friday, March 26 – Pickens Elementary school
– Monday, March 29 – North Elementary School
– Tuesday, March 30 – Jennings Randolph Elementary School
– Wednesday, March 31 – Third Ward Elementary School
• Third Ward Elementary School’s registration session will also serve as the county-wide make-up session for any parent that misses registration at their child’s home school.
If additional information is needed, please call the principal of your school or Amy Smith, Director of Elementary Curriculum and Federal Programs at 304-636-9150 ext. 138.